- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- The Center for State Child Welfare website is hosted by Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago. We will not sell or share the information we collect with parties outside the Center for State Child Welfare Data or Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago unless required by law.
- We will make readily available to visitors information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
The IP address of visitors to the web site is recorded. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information, but can reveal the pages you visit on our site, and limited information about you, such as the location of your city or country and your type of web browser/operating system. Center for State Child Welfare Data uses this information to optimize our web site, diagnose server problems, analyze viewership trends, and gather broad demographic information about site visitors.
By registering for access to the Foster Care Profile reports (profile.chapinhall.org), the registrant understands that Center for State Child Welfare Data will collect and store the data requested at the time of registration. Center for State Child Welfare Data uses this information to optimize the Foster Care Profile web site, analyze viewership trends, and gather broad demographic information about site visitors.